Study to Design and Implement a Modernization and Replacement Program for Taxis and Minibuses in Sana'a
Study to Design and Implement a Modernization and Replacement Program for Taxis and Minibuses in Sana’a
The World Bank
IDRC – Amman, Jordan
Transportation & Highway
March 2011 – On-going
Narrative Description of Project:
The main objective of this assignment is to assist the Ministry of Transport, together with Sana’a City Government and the Traffic Police of the Ministry of Interior, in designing and implementing a modernization and replacement program for taxis and minibuses in Sana’a.
Description of Actual Services Provided by our Staff:
– Review of international experience in vehicle modernization and replacement programs.
– Review of the existing technical and economic regulations of public transport in Sana’a.
– Analysis of the taxis and minibuses fleets in Sana’a and design of modernization and replacement program.
– Implementation and institutional arrangements of the modernization and replacement program.
– Social protection program.